Friday, October 30, 2009

New Friend!

About a month ago Prada and I spent the night at a friend's house. This is something that we've done before but this time around we threw in a new twist to the mix--my friend has a golden retriever named Roxy. As I believe I mentioned in a previous post, the procedure for taking Prada to another dog's house is as follows: the two dogs meet and get acquainted (the whole butt-sniffing thing) on neutral territory, then the two enter the house together, signifying to both of them that they're part of the same pack now so there aren't any possession issues. Roxy is a very good-tempered, friendly, playful dog about two years older than Prada, but every bit a puppy. The two got along famously, after a few initional "am I being replaced?!?" problems with Roxy. After they got over that, though, the two chased each other all over the house, wrestled doggy-style, and shed in tandem all over ever surface imaginable. I think Prada was a little put-out at Roxy's lack of house manners (well behaved dog, just not up to Her Highness' training) but other than that the two did fine together.

During the week of SCIVIS I had the opportunity to interview with a representative from National Public Radio. They were doing a series on women in the science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields, and a focus study on women with disabilities in those fields. My interview won't be aired until sometime next year but I'll post the release date as soon as they let me know. Here's the link to the parts of the series that have already been aired, www.womeninscience.org. There's also a Facebook group, and while you're checking that out, add Prada as a friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment